Sun 3 Nov 2019
07H30: Park and meet: Llandudno Surf Lifesaving
08H00 – 09H15: Interactive Discussion, covering –
- Torpedo Cape vs Wild vs Val de Vie vs JHB
- Race strategy and tactics – play to your strengths
- Race nutrition
- Moving fast over technical terrain
- Gear and safety
- Training and race prep
- Understanding conditions and maximising them
09H15 – 09H45: Suit up / gear up
09H45 – 11H45: Guided groups on route –
Explore the Torpedo route between Llandudno and Sandy Bay, trying out techniques on the way there, doing the route itself on the way back (split into guided groups by Torpedo Podium Finishers).
Optional boerie roll and beer combination for R50 back at the Llandudno clubhouse.
– Safety is the primary concern.
– The guided tour will travel through the course together – at the pace of the slowest, regrouping before and after each swim.
– If you’re not feeling comfortable at any swim segment, you can run around. Each swim has an easy bypass run.
– All swim and run segments are optional.
– No diving into the water allowed – always enter feet first.
The SwimRun Workshop is a fun morning out. There is no racing element. The aim is to experience the route and SwimRun.
What to bring
Goggles (highly recommended)
Swim Pool Buoy (watch this)