Sat 20 Oct
06H30: Park & Meet Camps Bay Vida
06H30 – 07H00: Coffee*, gear up, safety talk, sign the Liability waiver
07H00: Uber* to Torpedo Start @ Sandy Bay Dune
07H30: Sunrise, Tour starts
±11H00: Tour finishes Camps Bay
*All items marked with an asterisk are provided by Torpedo
You’ll be invited to a Whatsapp group. Final details and weather predictions will be shared via the group. You’re more than welcome to exit the group post Tour 😉
A link to high-resolution pictures* on Google Drive will be shared on the Whatsapp group.
– Safety is our primary concern.
– Torpedo will have a safety IRB* (Inflatable Rescue Boat) in the water and follow Subaru* on land.
– All athletes will be paired up with a safety buddy.
– The Tour will travel through the course together – at the pace of the slowest, regrouping before and after each swim.
– The IRB will follow the last athletes in the water. If you’re not feeling comfortable in the water, ask to be helped into the boat.
– All swim and run segments are optional. If you are not feeling up for anything, sit out the segment in the Subaru.
– No diving into the water allowed – always enter feet first.
– Use your whistle* to call for assistance.
– If water conditions are a concern the lifesaving personal on the IRB has the final call to cancel any swim segments.
Torpedo Tours are a fun morning out. There is no racing element. The aim is to experience the route, chat with athletes who have completed the race and expereince SwimRun.
Torpedo will cover your SAN Parks permits* at Oudekraal.
What to bring
Nutrition (bottle & snacks) to be left in follow Subaru
Goggles (highly recommended)
Swim Pool Buoy (watch this)
Neoprene surf hoodie (or spare swim cap – to help with the ice cream headache)
The Tour follows the 16km Torpedo race course, but the finish is at Camps Bay, leaving the final few kilometers into Clifton for race day.