Sun 19 May ’19
No Race, All Experience
07H00: Park at Llandudno beach parking & meet at Llandudno Surf Lifesaving. Gear up. Sign liability waiver.
07H30: Shuttle* depart to Hout Bay Harbour. Coffee* from Mario’s on route
08H00: Safety brief, board the boats* at Hout Bay Harbour slipway
08H00 – 11H00: Play, swim, run | Hout Bay to Llandudno
±11H00: Egg and bacon rolls*, drinks* at Llandudno Surf Lifesaving.
All-in Experience Cost
All items marked with an asterisk are provided by Torpedo*
You’ll be invited to a Whatsapp group. Final details and weather predictions will be shared via the group. You’re more than welcome to exit the group post Tour 😉
A link to the pictures* on Google Drive will be shared on the Whatsapp group.
– Safety is our primary concern.
– Torpedo will have boats in the water.
– All athletes will be paired up with a safety buddy.
– The Experience will travel through the course together – at the pace of the slowest, regrouping before and after each swim.
– The boats will follow the last athletes in the water. If you’re not feeling comfortable, ask to be helped into the boat.
– All swim and run segments are optional. If you are not feeling up for anything, sit out the segment in the boat.
– No diving into the water allowed – always enter feet first.
– Use your whistle* to call for assistance.
– If water conditions are a concern the lifesaving personal have the final call to cancel any swim segments.
Torpedo Experience is an exploration morning. There is no racing element. The aim is to explore this beautiful section of Cape coastline.
What to bring
Nutrition (bottle & snacks) to be left in the boat.
Goggles (highly recommended)
Swim Pool Buoy (watch this)
Neoprene surf hoodie (or spare swim cap – to help with the ice cream headache)
We will depart Hout Bay harbour by boat. The experience will be supported by boats, there is no vehicle access between Hout Bay and Llandudno. There will be numerous swim and run options along the way, each one exploring points of interest. The amount of swimming and running is up to you. At each point, you can choose to remain in the boat.
Points of interest along the route are the Sentinel, Duiker Point, Dungeons, Seal Island, Kapteinspiek, Karbonkelberg, Leeugat, BOS 400 (shipwreck), Maori Bay, Oakburn (shipwreck), Rocket Station, Oudeschip Peninsula, Harvest Capella (shipwreck), Sandy Bay, Llandudno.
The tour finishes with the first 2 Torpedo Cape swims (Sandy Bay and Llandudno)
Please note: Bad Weather Risk
The conditions required for this experience are critical. Given bad weather, we will reschedule. If you’re unable to make the rescheduled date, we will give you 1 full credit for a future Torpedo Tour.