Thursday 11 June ’19
No Race. All Experience
15H00: Meet at Ebb and Flow, Wilderness reception. Pay your entrance fee
15H00 – 15H30: Sign liability waiver. Gear up: Torpedo Vest* and SwimCap*.
15H30: Route scout begins
15H30 – 17H30: Approximately 10km SwimRun
18H00: Join us for post SwimRun beers
All-in Experience Cost
Complimentary Tour – you need to cover your entrance fees
You’ll be invited to a Whatsapp group. Final details will be shared via the group. You’re more than welcome to exit the group post Tour 😉
A link to the pictures* on Google Drive will be shared on the Whatsapp group.
– Safety is our primary concern.
– We will have a support vehicle following us through the course. We can leave bottles and snacks in this vehicle.
– All athletes will be paired up with a safety buddy.
– The Experience will travel through the course together – at the pace of the slowest, regrouping before and after each swim.
– If you’re not feeling comfortable, you can sit out any swim segment.
– No diving into the water allowed – always enter feet first.
This is an exploration tour. There is no racing element and the pace will be social. The aim is to scout the proposed 10km Torpedo Flow SwimRun route. There could be sections that we change/discuss as we proceed through the route and as such the distance could be slightly more/less than 10km. The emphasis is that it’s a social tour.
What to bring
Nutrition (bottle & snacks) to be left in the support vehicle.
*provided by Torpedo
Wetsuit (highly recommended – it’s the middle of winter 😉
Goggles (highly recommended)
Swim Pool Buoy (watch this)