06H00: Park at Clifton 4 road parking. Gear up.
06H30: Shuttle departs to Hout Bay Harbour. Coffee stopover on route
07H30: Safety brief, board the boats at Hout Bay Harbour slipway
07H30 – 14H00: Play, swim, run | Hout Bay to Clifton 4
±14H00: Picnic lunch on the beach at Clifton 4
All-in Experience Cost per person
Torpedo Experience is a pre-race-season-get your-adrenalin-going opener. There is no racing element and the aim is to push further and explore this beautiful section of the Cape coastline.
The route will be a longer 21km from the BOS300 shipwreck to Clifton 4. Shuttles will depart Clifton 4 to transport athletes to Hout Bay, where we will board boats to transport us around the Sentinal, and along the rarely seen Karbonkelberg poachers coastline.
The SwimRun starts with a first thrilling swim across Moari Bay. Under the towering Karbonkelberg cliffs, the swim takes you from the wreck of the BOS300 to the Oudeschip Peninsula and the Harvest Capella shipwreck. A trail run then traverses from Duiker Point to Sandy Bay beach. The remainder of the route will follow the 16km Torpedo Cape race route.
The day will be an experience and not raced. We will be fully supported by safety boats in the water and vehicles on land. We will traverse land and sea at a leisurely pace and at any point in the experience you can sit-out a segment in the support boats and vehicles. The experience will cost R2,000 per person.
What to bring
Nutrition (bottle & snacks) to be left in the boat.
All items marked with an asterisk are provided by Torpedo*
Goggles (highly recommended)
Swim Pool Buoy (watch this)
Neoprene surf hoodie (or spare swim cap – to help with the ice cream headache
– Safety is our primary concern.
– Torpedo will have boats in the water.
– All athletes will be paired up with a safety buddy.
– The Experience will travel through the course together – at the pace of the slowest, regrouping before and after each swim.
– The boats will follow the last athletes in the water. If you’re not feeling comfortable, ask to be helped into the boat.
– All swim and run segments are optional. If you are not feeling up for anything, sit out the segment in the boat.
– No diving into the water allowed – always enter feet first.
– Use your whistle* to call for assistance.
– If water conditions are a concern the lifesaving personal have the final call to cancel any swim segments.
Please note: Bad Weather Risk
The conditions required for this experience are critical. Given bad weather, we will reschedule. If you’re unable to make the rescheduled date, we will give you 1 full credit for a future Torpedo Tour.